The CAREvent® Automatic Transport Ventilators are lightweight, portable, durable and simple to use, control module style, automatic time/volume cycled ventilators. They are completely pneumatic (no batteries required) and deliver breath by breath consistency in delivered tidal volume, frequency, inspiratory/expiratory times and flow rates. This consistency is not achievable with a bag-valve-mask resuscitator and prevents gastric inflation and high intrathoracic pressure.
Designed primarily for the demands of emergency rescue, resuscitation and critical care patient transports, the CAREvent® ventilators provide functionality normally only found in high end electronic ventilators.
Four models are available to meet the various functionality and budgetary needs.
- Demand Breathing” for the spontaneously breathing patient.
- Manual Override Ventilation to supplement automatic ventilations if required and activate delayed cycling when a 30:2 CPR protocol is being performed.
- Flexibility in breath volume and frequency delivery to ventilate patients from 5 kg. to large adults.
- CPAP to provide non-invasive treatment for patients with CHF, COPD and PE. This provides one space saving device for oxygen therapy, CPAP treatment, resuscitation and ventilation (ATV+ and MRI).
- Auto Cycling Shut-Off and Re-Start to synchronized ventilation for patients moving in and out of respiratory arrest. Note: In the child settings the inspired flow rate of the patient may be insufficient to cause the Automatic Circuit Shut off to function.
- Airway Pressure Gauge to provide visual monitoring of the patient and ventilator settings.
- An Audible and Visual Low Gas Supply Warning.
- Audible and Visual Indicator for a circuit disconnect or when delivered tidal volumes are insufficient (ATV+ and MRI).